State of the Union Address
So what were your thoughts on President Obama’s State of the Union Address tonight? Here are a few of my thoughts:
- High Speed Rail! It’s about time. This is a good goal. Of course those against America will oppose it.
- Investing in innovations like solar is a good step if you can make sure you’re stimulating OUR economy.
- Electric cars. Yeah!
- No messing with Social Security
- Make the rich pay their fair share
- No comment on bringing our jobs home. Just chatter about how if we’re better educated we’ll be better able to compete (with dollar a day Chinese slave labor?)
- No comment about busting up the too-big-to-fail banks or cleaning up our media or enforcing anti-trust regulations.
All in all, it was a motivating speech that was a little short on specifics, but full of lots of grand ideas.