If you were to create an organization that was the opposite of Christian, what would it look like? One easy approach is to look at all the things that were important to Jesus and oppose them.
Jesus spent most of his life helping the poor, feeding the poor, clothing the poor, or today would be housing the poor, healing the poor and the sick. He was against mixing church and state. He told his people not to show boast about their faith. He showed humanity and justice for the imprisoned. He opposed wealth and lived a life free of greed.
What other things can you come up with that were important to Jesus? He mentioned gays hardly ever so it’s not something worth associating with Jesus. There was no such thing as abortion in those days so you can interpret anything you want but if it was important to Jesus it would be obvious to all. But, he never talks of abortion.
Go ahead and think up any more things that were important enough to Jesus that he spoke of them often.
So, now we can outline the things that would make an organization anti-Christian.
- An anti-Christian organization would be against health care for all.
- An anti-Christian group would be against services for the poor.
- Anti-Christ groups would be against housing for the poor.
- Anti-Christ parties would be for and run by the rich.
- Anti-Christ parties would be for the greedy.
- An anti-Christ party would be for the death penalty.
- An anti-Christ party would be always showing how religious they are.
- An anti-Christ party would say religion must be part of the government.
What other things do you think would characterize an anti-Christian party?