Almost all of America agrees with the policies of the Progressive Left. This includes agreeing with the majority of the following issues:
- The rich have gotten too rich
- The rich have too much influence over our political system
- Our political system needs to be more representative of the needs of the middle class
- We need to fix the economy so we can bring back the middle class in this country
- We need to take care of the least among us, including extended unemployment benefits, food stamps, food for poor children
- We need to fix our broken health care system
- We need to get off fossil fuels and need to start developing energy systems for the 21st century
- We need to do something about global warming and the freaky once-in-a-century storms we’re seeing every day, now
In fact, not only does the vast majority of America believe these things, the vast majority of REPUBLICANS believe these things.
So, if that’s true, then why does anyone still vote republican? The answer is obvious and this answer explains why America is at a greater risk than ever of being destroyed by the wealthy, at the hands of the the Republican voters who believe all these things. This answer should scare the dickens out of you.
The Republican party and the top 1% of our wealthy elite have found a way to get the average Republican to vote against America. This sounds like hyperbole, but bear with me. The vast majority of Republican voters are single issue voters. In other words, they are willing to see all the other issues, mentioned above, go to Hell as long they get their one hot item issue. Even if they don’t get the one issue, they’ll vote for a party that lies to them and says they’re going to provide it.
And, what are these single issues that the Republican voter will vote for even if it means the destruction of America? What are the things that are so important that they’re more important than our economy or more important than everything else our country stands for? You’ve probably guessed. But here is a short list of things that some fanatics will vote for, even if it means voting against everything else that matters to them.
- Gun rights
- Abortion restrictions
- Birth control restrictions
- Putting women in their place at the back of the bus
- Putting minorities at the back of the bus
- Putting gays in their place
- Protecting the great white class in America
- Religious control of our country
- Getting rid of the black man in the white house
- Undoing equal rights
- Anything Fox News says
The wealthy have found out how to control these ignorant fanatics to vote against everything that matters to them, just so long as they foolishly believe their one-ticket item will finally be addressed.
And now that the Republicans in the Supreme Court have opened the flood gates and allowed the wealthy and transnational corporations control of our political process, we are seeing billions of dollars spent to get those fanatics mobilized.
Come election day, these fanatics will be wetting their pants from all the scary advertising and will be the first ones in line to vote.
All the while, the rest of America will watch in horror at the spectacle that we see every election year and most will neglect to even get to the voting booths.
Big money will be controlling the fanatics more than ever this election year. If the rest of us quietly watch from the sidelines, we can kiss this country goodbye. Not goodbye in the future or goodbye next year or in a few years. If we don’t fix this right now, we will not get another chance.
Talk to your friends. Talk to your neighbors. Try to wake up your single-issue voters in your family to the fact that they’re being manipulated to vote against their own best interests and the best interest of their country.
More than anything, get everyone you know to register and get out and vote.
The Demise of the Republican Party Has Been Greatly Exaggerated