America is broken to the point that the citizens are doubting that it can be fixed without a major upheaval. I only hope that it can be a peaceful revolution. But many people are beginning to doubt that we can fix these things before it’s too late.
Let’s take a short inventory:
- Billionaires can now openly corrupt our political process buying candidates and elections.
- The Supreme Court and many of the higher courts are openly against the citizen and for multinational corporations and billionaires
- Half of the country’s representatives are openly against any rights for women. Hobby Lobby is only the latest example. If you’re not owned by a man, you’re nothing in their eyes.
- The banking industry controls both political parties.
- Our government is so broken that no matter what the Democrats want to pass, the Republicans are blocking every move.
- 86% of Americans want to extend unemployment benefits but our broken system can’t get it passed.
- One party does anything and everything to block to other party, even at the expense of the country.
- The middle class is crumbling into poverty while the wealthy get more of our country’s wealth.
- Our healthcare system is still broken. Still!
- Our kids now have trillions of dollars in student loans.
I’m not implying in any way that all these things can’t be overcome peacefully, but it’s looking pretty bleak. And America is more disgusted than ever with our government and fewer people are interested in voting.
This is a perfect scenario for the billionaires so now they can buy candidates for peanuts.
I don’t want to see a bloody revolution but if we don’t want our children dying in the streets, we need to get motivated, today, to vote out any party that obstructs progress and refuse to vote for any candidate that is funded by big money.